[PC-BSD Testing] ethernet detection

Iain Bucław iainbuclaw at gmx.co.uk
Tue Aug 26 03:52:44 PDT 2008

Hi there, just about got through week 1 with my first time using FreeBSD
crash course.

Everything works great, considering. Just one small problem though.
My Ethernet port doesn't seem to be being detected at bootup on my
Desktop Machine, and it doesn't mention any existence of it with
ifconfig or ifconfig up.
This seems a little odd because detection is fine on my HP Laptop, which
is one of the newest pieces of equipment I have; and my Desktop uses
conservatively compatible hardware (at least, for Linux).

Desktop uses an AmiTrends Motherboard with onboard Ethernet.

Any thoughts?

Regards
Iain