[PC-BSD Testing] Is ACPI v3 support available or planned for PCBSD7?

Edward Hirsel edward_a_hirsel at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 07:14:21 PDT 2008

  I have a question that I believe is related to acpi:
I have a Dell Inspiron 1526 laptop.   It has 2 AMD Turion 64 TL-60
processors; powernow is enabled in the BIOS.   Is acpi v3 support going to be available in PCBSD7?
  The reason I ask  is that I can load openbsd 4.3 i386 on it;
even though it only the UP version loads, when I set the processor in the
lowest powernow run state (the apm driver refers to it as cool perf mode),
the battery can last approx 3 hrs.  The amd64 version of openbsd 4.3 with
the  MP version loads and behaves the same way.

  However pcbsd7 (and freebsd v7, as well as pcbsd1.5/freebsd 6.3) only
reports a max battery life of about one and a half hours.  Is this an acpi
issue, or is it something else, such as a powernow issue?

Regards,

Edward A. Hirsel