[PC-BSD Testing] Error before apearing graphical Installation Interface

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Thu Aug 21 07:00:40 PDT 2008

prakash at ku.edu.np wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> As I start to install PCBSD 7 alpha which I download the DVD from the
> link ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-isos/i386/.. . It says following error
> before appearing graphical Installation Interface.
>
> Error mounting install image...!!!!!!!!!
> Please report this problem to PC-BSD Support.
>
> Here I do have following Hardware configuration of old PC
>
> Ram 256 Mb
> Intel (R) Pentium(R) III
> Processor Speed 1 GHz
> Hard disk Seagate 80 GB
>
> It’s really amazing and wondering to see new PCBSD 7 how it looks like but
> before viewing the graphical interface of installation process it says
> error.
>
> So here I am starving of the suggestion. What should I need to do next ?
>
> Prakash Poudyal
> Kathmandu University
> Nepal

This means that for some reason, it could not locate your DVD drive
during bootup. Under FreeBSD what device does your drive normally use?
Right now it checks for /dev/acd0-2 and /dev/cd0-2. Does yours show up
as some other name? You may also wish to check the MD5 on your ISO, and
make sure that /uzip/usr.uzip appears on the disk.

http://www.pcbsd.com