[PC-BSD Testing] ZFS Install comment.

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Tue Aug 19 07:54:19 PDT 2008

Thanks for the additional info. It is an interesting read. So far
without doing any tuning I have had no problems with ZFS. That being
said I have to also say that with the weekly release cycle on the
Alphas I may not be running long enough to encounter problems. When
the 7 release comes out I will decide then whether to stick with ZFS
or UFS+journaling. The machine I am testing on has no critical data on
it so even if I do run into problems all I have to do is reinstall. I
really only use it now because we are testing and I like to try new
things.   :-)

On the next Alpa I may just do one hard drive with UFS and another
with ZFS. That way I can compare performance of the two. Anyway,
thanks for taking the time to post the additional info.

>>> http://moonshine.opn4.org/
>>> http://www.pcbsd.org/