[PC-BSD Testing] Aug 16 alpha

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Sat Aug 16 18:49:14 PDT 2008

1.  What you can do for now is go to the Firefox website, download the
Windows version, click on the executable file and it will install.
Then go to a site with a flash 9 movie and click on it. that will
bring up a page telling you that you need to install flash. Click on
the get flash and it will download. Click on the install flash file
and it will install. On my system it is just a little jerky but quite
viewable.

2.  If you look at the PCBSD boot menu one of the options will bring
up the video setup screen where you can change to the nVidia driver.

3.  Chapter 4 in the Quick Guide covers installing ports from the
terminal. Have you looked at that? If you have and that does not work
for you the ports can be installed during installation.