[PC-BSD Testing] ZFS Install comment.

Edward O'Callaghan victoredwardocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 08:39:56 PDT 2008

Hi,

I don't post much however I do still follow ;) .

In regards to people having problems with ZFS.

I think the PC-BSD install should do;

* Check RAM >=1GB.
* check for 64Bit CPU.
else 'grey out' the use ZFS option in the Installer with a comment like;
'RAM too low <1GB Found.'
'CPU is not 64Bit.'
Or both of the above.

Thanks for your time,
Edward O'Callaghan.
OpenSolaris developer and Blastwave maintainer.

--
All Documents adhered to the ISO/IEC 26300 standard file format for
electronic office documents, such as spreadsheets, charts,