[PC-BSD Testing] Putting this build on bootable RAMDrive

Rod Clark sc at sdf.lonestar.org
Fri Aug 15 17:59:01 PDT 2008

Vetrisko,

That would be great, to be able to boot v7 from a USB drive.
What make and model of USB drive did you use? Yesterday I
checked the FreeBSD 7 hardware compatibility list, and saw only
a few officially listed there, mostly not of familiar makes. Of
those, the only one that I've ever used is the PNY Attache and I
don't have one of them on hand at the moment.

I ask because my old reliable 1 GB USB drive, that used to
always work with v1.x, stopped working after the last
auto-update to v1.5.1 recently. Now it gives a consistent mount
errormessage , and then causes first X and then the entire OS to
crash sometime not long after removing the drive from the USB
port.

As this cuts off some of my usual uses of the system, it's
become a priority to identify one or more USB drives that are
solidly compatible, that I can count on being supported.

Thanks,

Rod Clark