[PC-BSD Testing] New Alpha 08-08-2008 available!

Yvan Martin navyn5 at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 11 20:23:13 PDT 2008

Brian,

out of curiosity are any/all of your sata disks in a RAID array? I had
unending problems with most OSes using this and I finally gave up using
nvidia RAID (I originally had two groups of two mirrored drives). As a
matter of fact, one of my disks is still detected both as a single drive
and as a degraded RAID array (this after breaking the mirrored arrays at
the BIOS level and even reformatting the drives). I hope this does not
play a role in your install issue.

I have found nVidia RAID not to be worth the trouble.