[PC-BSD Testing] Aug 8 Alpha Wireless Network Scan Fails

Gabi Huiber ghuiber at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 06:38:11 PDT 2008

Hello,

I have an old Dell Inspiron 2200 laptop with an external Belkin
(RaLink, detected as ral0) wireless card. This computer has run PC-BSD
1.4, 1.5 and 1.5.1. Each of those versions upon installation properly
scanned my wireless network, found the router, and allowed me to
configure the WPA supplicant using the KDE Network Manager. I haven't
been so lucky with PC-BSD 7 (08082008). Even if I hold the computer
three feet away from the router the scan will fail.

My computer now runs PC-BSD 7 alongside PC-BSD 1.5.1, in dual-boot
mode. I am writing this from within the PC-BSD 1.5.1 half, and I am
connected to the Internet via the same wireless network that PC-BSD 7
failed to find. I hope this helps you guys in some way. I am new to
alpha-testing.

Regards,

Gabi