[PC-BSD Testing] Aug 8 Alpha

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Sat Aug 9 13:43:12 PDT 2008

After a bit of playing I can definitely say that Dolphin is much
faster and more stable in this release. Also, I was able to quite
easily set it up so that I could access my Mac over the network using
SMB. Now if I can just figure out how to get it to work the other way
around.   :-)

I am still installing using ZFS and have not had any trouble I can
attribute to that. Since I now have an empty drive, having totally
removed my Edison install, I will try installing there from the USB
image, which I finally got written out. Thunderbird again installs
from the testing PBI list and works flawlessly. I did play with KsB a
bit and so far have had no trouble with it.

I still get the cannot eject disk error message when trying to eject a
CD. This seems to apply only to data disks as CD player will eject
audio disks just fine.

Computers can be fun again
                 format C:\
   Alternatives are out there