[PC-BSD Testing] New Alpha 08-08-2008 available!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Sat Aug 9 12:29:22 PDT 2008

As some on the list have already noticed, I have uploaded the latest
alpha to the FTP site:

ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-isos/i386/

This version fixes a LOT of bugs with installation problems. Custom
partitioning should work now, along with installing in a non-English
language. You should be able to overwrite a journaled partition now, or
even use custom partitioning with ZFS. I've spent the vast majority of
the week trying to test various install schemes, and I believe most of
the bugs have been worked out now. If you run into any partitioning
problems, please let me know about it.

Also, this release fixes support for K3B and other KDE3 based PBIs.
(Except DigiKam, that one still fails, will look into it soon)

As usual, please send us your testing reports to this list, so we can
continue the bug quash. We will be freezing the GUI interface soon here
to prepare for translation work, so don't be alarmed if parts of the GUI
are still not completely translated yet.

http://www.pcbsd.com