[PC-BSD Testing] CD eject error

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Aug 8 07:01:15 PDT 2008

Yvan Martin wrote:
> I can confirm that I have also had problems trying to eject a disk and
> waited until I was restarting the system to eject it manually.
>
> Max ID wrote:
>> I've noticed the following bug on my system PC-BSD 7.0-Alpha
>> when I right-click on the icon with my CD to eject it, it is not
>> ejected, instead
>> I get the error message, something like "There are some programs using
>> the files on this CD...". Even if I try to eject my CD immediately
>> after KDE login,
>> I still get this message. In PC-BSD 1.5.1 everything seemed to be OK.
>>
>> P.S. "cdcontrol eject" and "cdcontrol close" works.
>> P.P.S all other volumes (USB, NTFS partitions are ejected normally!!!.

I've seen this here as well and I've reported it to the kde-freebsd guys
here:

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-freebsd/2008-August/003334.html

I'll be curious to see if they run into the problem also. Maybe it's
something we need to have fixed in the port, or a special HAL
configuration to get it working. I'll try to take a closer look at it
this next week if nobody solves it over the weekend :)

http://www.pcbsd.com