[PC-BSD Testing] K3B and smb4k unexpected pipe closure problem

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Aug 6 06:02:43 PDT 2008

Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
>> Gary,
>>
>> I'm seeing this here as well. It looks like a lot of the KDE3 native
>> programs don't like to interact with KDE4 nicely. Probably a lot to do
>> with dcop being gone now, and DBUS being used instead. I'll take a
>> closer look at this when I can though, to see if there is a workaround.
>
> is there a alternate way to burn iso images? other than the command line?
>
> Sam Fourman Jr.
>
> !DSPAM:1,4898a2ff19867020380265!

No need! I've gotten K3B working just fine here now, along with most
other KDE3 based applications. You just need to load kdelibs3 on the
system, and they work fine then, since they needed access to dcop and
other kde3 functionality. The next ISO will have this fix included in it.

http://www.pcbsd.com