[PC-BSD Testing] PBI Launcher

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Aug 5 11:51:21 PDT 2008

Bill Leeper wrote:
> I don't rightly know where the problem lies, but I am still having
> trouble when I download a PBI. When I click on the PBI it opens a box
> and I select open with PBI Launcher. The download proceeds normally, but
> if I check the leave this window open box I get the following problem:
> The download completes and the installation starts and completes just
> fine. When I am finished I can't close the download window. If I click
> on close and wait I finally get a not responding error message. See
> attached screen shot.
>
> Bill

Interesting bug. It looks like the KIO copy dialog isn't staying alive
after it kicks off the PBI installer. It does work properly when you
leave the "leave this window open" checkbox unchecked right?

How about when you download any other type of file? If you grab a
graphic and tell it to open with gimp, or some other large file, and you
tell it to leave the window open, does it lockup again?

http://www.pcbsd.com