[PC-BSD Testing] K3B and smb4k unexpected pipe closure problem

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Aug 5 11:43:14 PDT 2008

Gary B. Corell wrote:
> K3b is not the only PBI with the pipe error I've tried smb4k does the
> same thing.
> There's also been a couple others that I've already removed and cant
> remember what they are that fail with the same error. So it's not just K3B.
>   Is there some kind of workaround for the problem that anybody knows of?

Gary,

I'm seeing this here as well. It looks like a lot of the KDE3 native
programs don't like to interact with KDE4 nicely. Probably a lot to do
with dcop being gone now, and DBUS being used instead. I'll take a
closer look at this when I can though, to see if there is a workaround.

http://www.pcbsd.com