[PC-BSD Testing] New Alpha

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Sun Aug 3 09:42:35 PDT 2008

I did an install this morning using the USB bootable image to get
started. The installation itself went flawlessly. The only problem I
had was some video corruption in the graphics displaying during the
install. I have attached a photo and if you look closely at the bottom
of the install progress you will see that it. It looks as if a text
box appeared and erased part of the graphic. When a new picture
appeared the corruption just stayed there and never went away.

Anyway, sorry to be such a nitpicker, but it was all I could come up
with in the short time I had to work with it. Sound works just fine
out of the box, but I do have the audio cable running to the sound
card now. I am again using ZFS with no apparent problems. I will do
some more playing this evening.

Bill