[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 08-02-2008 uploaded!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Sat Aug 2 14:51:53 PDT 2008

Everybody,

This week's Alpha release is now online, I have uploaded CDs 1-3, along
with a DVD and USB boot-only image for testing. This build does have
network installation enabled, however, I have not yet uploaded the
packages for this, so you won't be able to do a 'net install quite yet.
I'll try to get those uploaded sometime early next week for testing.

The ISO' and MD5's are available in the usual place:

ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-isos/i386/

This release includes the latest KDE 4.1-release, which does correct
quite a few bugs, and switches to the xine backend for sound. If you run
into any new KDE on FreeBSD porting issues, please be sure to let the
KDE on FreeBSD team know about it here:

This next week, I will add the language packages to the install, so we
can start testing out the other native language support in KDE.

If you run into installation bugs, or issues with our tools and
utilities, please go ahead and report them so we can continue the bug fixes.

Thanks!

http://www.pcbsd.com