[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD-7 Alpha3 on my IBM T60 - Looking good

Anthony Thomas anthonyethomas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 07:15:17 PDT 2008

Well, as the subject states, I installed PCBSD-7 Alpha3 on my IBM T60 laptop
last night… basically so I could play around and see how it's progressing.

Well, I am pleasantly surprised. For being an Alpha, it's holding up pretty
well so far.

KDE4(.1?) is looking and behaving very nice. Codecs were installed my
default so I was able to play and watch my divx copy of Batman from my USB

The WPI driver was installed by default so my ipw3945 wireless card worked
with WPA encryption.

It was late and I didn't get a chance to test suspend, or my
printer/scanner, but I will try that tonight.

Good job PC-BSD devs…. ;)