[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD7 Alpha Test Available

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Apr 30 19:18:18 PDT 2008

I've just finished uploaded a very early test release of PC-BSD7, which
is based off of FreeBSD 7.0 release. You may note that that we have
named it PCBSD7, and this is on purpose. We will be changing our
versioning scheme for this next release to correspond with FreeBSD, thus
PC-BSD 7.0 will be based off of FreeBSD 7.0, PC-BSD 7.1 on FreeBSD 7.1,
and so forth. This should help make it obvious as to what version of BSD
we are running, and keep us more in line with FreeBSD itself.

This release is a ALPHA, which means it is NOT feature complete yet, and
should only be used for early testing. I know for a fact most PBI's will
NOT work on it, since I haven't yet implemented all the legacy library
support from FreeBSD 6. If you are able to test this release, what I'm
most interesting in is feedback as to hardware support, or installation
problems. I.E. If there is something that works in FreeBSD 7.0, but does
not appear to be working in PC-BSD, please let us know so we can get it
fixed.

File Download:

ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-isos/i386/PCBSD7-Alpha-x86-Thu.iso

MD5:

e0d20b8ca06175a8d28a864da7b495d9

Thanks for your help in testing! Please report any bugs over to
testing at lists.pcbsd.org.

http://www.pcbsd.com