[PC-BSD Testing] 1.5.1 Notes

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Apr 21 16:19:06 PDT 2008

Everybody,

The 32bit ISO's for 1.5.1 are on their way to the mirrors, and the 64bit
ones will follow later tonight. I've also made a PBI patch and
online-update from 1.5 to 1.5.1, which are on their way to the mirrors.
I'm attaching a copy of the release notes / changelog for inspection.
Let me know if anything appears missing.

For the most part, this is a more standard release, just bug-fixes and
new packages for all to enjoy. Also the translations have been updated,
since our translators have been hard at work to finish up several of them.

Now that we've moved into our new place, and stabilized a bit, we'll be
able to re-enable the tri-weekly builds here very soon. I want to start
building with FreeBSD 7.0 as the base OS, so we can start testing and
beating up any bugs which may appear from the jump up. I'll post an
announcement once these are ready to go.

Also of note:

* I will be mentoring a student this summer for SoC to fix up some bugs
that exist in the BSD version of wine.

* We've convinced CrossOver to create a build of CrossOver Games for
PC-BSD, and a build of CrossOver office should follow soon. (Please
signup and vote for FreeBSD to help them devote resources to improving
support!)

* TheXorg GUI tool will be getting an update here soon, with support for
enabling Dual-Head output!

* BSDCan is coming soon, if you can make it let us know! I will be doing
a presentation on the PBI-Autobuild system.

http://www.pcbsd.com