[PC-BSD Testing] 19th September ISO Report
renatoflorido at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 01:15:41 PDT 2007
Here are my findings on the 11th September ISO:
Note that I am installing using Portuguese (pt) language and keyboard
settings and time zone
* During the boot of the installer CD, there is no boot screen image.
* During the boot of the installer CD, the system hangs if my wifes
Ipod Nano is connected. The solution appears to be disconnecting the device.
The boot process resumes when I do that. Its rather annoying though
* As X starts, before the graphical installer appears vertical lines
are visible. I suspect the xorg settings used in the installer might be
slightly out of sync with my card. Also, when I reach the graphical mode,
the screen is still slightly offset up and to the left. The graphical
installer window is also now centred as it should though. I am using a
NVIDIA 8800GTS card here for the record.
* On the Installation phase box, the text Install or update still
appears cut off in Portuguese (pt). Maybe we could use two lines for
sections that exceed the number of characters?
* On the user accounts section of the graphical installer, the filed
username is still cut off in Portuguese (pt).
All translation errors previously reported seem to have been solved by the
* Again, as X starts, before the graphical installer appears vertical
lines are visible. Also, the screen is still slightly offset up and to the
left. The resolution settings window is now centred as it should though. I
am using a NVIDIA 8800GTS card here for the record.
* As the xorg.conf file is being generated, I get an error message:
MSKC0: Uncorrectable PCI Express error:
But the system continues as usual. Its not nice to see such error messages
* To my surprise, Internet is working. I see there is a driver for my
Marvell Yukon NIC now included. The name of the driver is different from the
* My 6 button has always been detected in PC-BSD but it is never
configured. It would be great to have these fully configured for internet
This is a XXIth Century OS after all Users expect to be able to use the
side buttons to move back and forward in the Internet browser or in
All in all, a great ISO. Lots of bugs have been corrected.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Testing