[PC-BSD Testing] Compiz

brian brian.smith at summerside.ca
Sat Sep 22 23:50:15 PDT 2007

 Pretty much the same here ( see my earlier posts ) . It works very nice with
basic use , but slows down Google Earth and renders anything with a Java UI
unusable . It will also kill a second panel when minimizing windows .
 Also when forcing a cd to eject via my cd tray I get an immediate reboot .
Ejecting the cd via desktop gives no problems . In order to get an OSS mixer
for kmix I had to install the Linux OSS port . Any attempt to play with the
sound or restart the sound server after that causes an immediate reboot .
This is a hideous , crude way to handle system errors - just one step behind
the old blue screen of death .
 On the plus side Kports works flawlessly and installed the best version of
powermanga I have played to date. I think when I install 1.4 final I'll
disable compiz altogether and install Kports right off the bat .