[PC-BSD Testing] Wed iso

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Thu Sep 20 22:05:24 PDT 2007

Bill Leeper wrote:
> As reported earlier I installed the iso on a friends system. I got the
> wireless networking going on a Linksys WUSB-54G, Rev 4 I believe. The
> only problem it does not reconnect automatically upon booting. I have to
> right click the tray icon and select restart networking every time.
> Which means entering the root PW every time.
>
> !DSPAM:1,46f34dbe681491919223316!

Bill,

I did some looking into this here. Is the connection / association
actually failing, or the routing? I.E. does the connection appear to be
up, but you can't connect to the net?

I found this here with my laptop here also, and it was a problem with
the built-in ethernet card getting setup as the default route, and when
I unplugged it FreeBSD wasn't smart enough to "roll-over" to the next
interface. (iwi0 in this case) I had to restart network as well, then it
works fine.

If all else fails, you should be able to just put a small call in
/etc/rc.local to /etc/rc.d/netif restart to have it reload networking at
each boot.

http://www.pcbsd.com