[PC-BSD Testing] RC2 report

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Sep 17 11:33:51 PDT 2007

Charles A. Landemaine wrote:
> Here's my bug report for RC2 (Sunday16th). Most bugs reported on September
> 8th are still here
> (http://lists.pcbsd.org/pipermail/testing/2007-September/000365.html)
>
>  1. In the installer, the quick tips of the 1st screen, the translation is
> messed up (it begins in the middle of the translation, then it starts
> over)

Which translation are you working on? Some of the .po files were rather
messed up, and I've been fixing them as I find them :)

>  2. When the installer starts copying from the CD-ROM to the HDD, the path
> to the files still reads /./Foo/bar instead of just /Foo/bar

Fixed!

>  3. The Monitor Configurator is still in English

Same as number #1

>  4. The Network Manager still has English under "Device Status" on the
> main tab.

^^ Above

>  5. When installing additional components, their names are not
> translated

Correct, for now they will not be, since the names / descriptions are in
a "flat-file" text format, not in the QT strings. We'll need to figure
out how to implement some sort of i18n support for these items down the
road.

>  6. Items in the system tray are still in English (Battery Manager,
> Network Manager)

Correct, the Network Tray wasn't put into pootle, but the Battery
manager is translated, in the configuration dialog. Not sure why the
popup isn't translated, haven't found a solution to that yet.

>  7. In the Network Manager, if I click the "Help" button, it says the
> help is not available

Tim fixed this last night.

>  8. In the K Menu, when I click "Help", it says there is no index

Correct, the user just needs to click if they want to build a search
index or not. This is normal behavior :)

http://www.pcbsd.com