[PC-BSD Testing] RC2 report

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Sep 17 12:31:32 PDT 2007

Charles A. Landemaine wrote:
> On Mon, September 17, 2007 3:33 pm, Kris Moore wrote:
>>>  1. In the installer, the quick tips of the 1st screen, the translation
>>> is
>>> messed up (it begins in the middle of the translation, then it starts
>>> over)
>> Which translation are you working on? Some of the .po files were rather
>> messed up, and I've been fixing them as I find them :)
>

> Thanks Kris. I tried the French translation.

Cool! I'll go through and confirm / fix any problems there.

>>>  8. In the K Menu, when I click "Help", it says there is no index
>>>
>> Correct, the user just needs to click if they want to build a search
>> index or not. This is normal behavior :)
>

> What should the user click? (yes/no). Isn't there a way to preset it in
> the default install so that he doesn't have to go through this?
> Thanks again! :)

The user can click either one they want. The search index needs to be
rebuilt by the user, since it "lives" in user-land. If we force
including it on the CD, it'll always be out of date, and when the user
searches, they may not find everything properly. Of course if the user
selects "No" then won't have a search-able index.

http://www.pcbsd.com