[PC-BSD Testing] 11th Sep. Snapshot

sc at sdf.lonestar.org sc at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Sep 16 11:44:56 PDT 2007

Whoops - some typos in that. There should be no _ underscore after the
"if" in ifconfig in the first example, no quotes should be present in the
second example, and I misspelled weptxkey by missing the x. These should
be

in etc/rc.conf:

   ifconfig_ath0="DHCP bssid 00:0a:55:67:19:9a wepmode on wepkey
1:0x14ce3031496a48eadbcf9561e3 weptxkey 1 mode 11b"

at the command line:

   # ifconfig ath0 bssid 00:0a:55:67:19:9a wepkey
1:0x14ce3031496a48eadbcf9561e3

Also, you can use the ssid when doing it yourself instead of via
NetworkManager, by putting it in quotes:

   # ifconfig ath0 ssid "My Access Point Name"

And this gives a handy status report (replace ath0 with your card's ID):

   # ifconfig ath0 up scan

-rsc