[PC-BSD Testing] Snapshot 15.Sept

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Sat Sep 15 12:29:59 PDT 2007

Widen-Damian Ivanov wrote:
> Hi guys,
> here my notes to the newest snapshot:
> 1. Installer runs fine, but after installing, before the X configuration utily starts X freezes at black screen with green lines on the top(I can still move my mouse, but nothing works, can not switch to tty1 or restart X so I am unable to test the new snapshot)
> 2.In the Welcome Screen of the installer when you select German there is a little spelling mistake in the first sentence of the tips.
> 3. When 1.4 is released how the work will continue (start with 1.5 with FBSD 7.0 as base???)
> Greetings Hlebarkata_321,
> PS:hope no spam by abv this time...Cybis Radeon 9600Pro
>
> !DSPAM:1,46ec2e20681497451111481!

Just to clarify, it was working in the previous snapshot you tried
right? This new one runs the X -configure command before running the
XGUI to try and get the monitor Horz / Vert refresh rates.

Can you confirm this for me?

Try this:

Boot the installed system, then choose Option 4 "Single user Mode" at
the loader splash. When you get to the shell prompt, use these commands:

# mount -o rw /
# cd /PCBSD/xorg-gui/bin
# vi rundetect.sh

or use:

# nano rundetect.sh

Then go down about a page, and look for these lines:

echo "Determining monitor refresh rate capabilities..." >/dev/console
X -configure 2>/dev/null

Then comment out the 2nd line:

echo "Determining monitor refresh rate capabilities..." >/dev/console
#X -configure 2>/dev/null

Now save the file, and type "exit" to continue with the startup. Does it
work again as it did before?

http://www.pcbsd.com