[PC-BSD Testing] Installer problem with Japanese user

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Sat Sep 15 12:02:40 PDT 2007

Yamashiro, Jun wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:16:25 -0700
> Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:
>
>> Yamashiro, Jun wrote:
>>> Thanks for commit it.  I tested Sept 11th snaptiot.
>>>
>>> Result:
>>> 1) Good work for keymap setting to /etc/rc.conf with Japanese keyboard.
>>> 2) Didn't work well Japanese keyboard configuration for X.org / KDE.
>>>    Sorry, my patch isn't enough for fix this problem.
>
>> Thanks for the report! I've gone ahead and committed what should fix
>> this. If you can try it out in the next snapshot, that would be great!
>
> I tested Sept 15th snapshot.  But, Japanese keyboard doesn't work on
> Installer / xorg.conf / KDE (KDE recognized as a pc104 keyboard).
>
> regards

Interesting, I thought the keyboard was working previously though in the
installer at least? I'll have to check the "setxkb" command to make sure
it didn't break with the xorg 7.3 update. Also, what "setxkb" do you
normally have to use to change tot he Japanese layout?

http://www.pcbsd.com