[PC-BSD Testing] Preparing for 1.4-Final

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Thu Sep 13 14:40:03 PDT 2007

Everybody,

First of all, thank you all for your hard work and patience while we've
been putting all the finishing bug-fixes and translations into 1.4. I'm
currently working to make sure all the testing notes I've received over
the past few weeks are taken care of, and the translations work as they
should.

Right now a build is running with the new Xorg 7.3, which will be
hitting ports sometime today / tomorrow. I plan on uploading this ISO
for testing tomorrow night, (Friday) so everybody will have a chance to
try it out over the weekend. In effect this will be a RC2, although we
will not be uploading it to the public mirrors and updating the website
as such. (It will be available at the usual place for snapshots,
http://dev.pcbsd.org)

If you can, please test this new cut over the weekend and get back to us
on any major bugs found, or ones which were supposed to be fixed that
are still broken. We'll be working on bug reports that are received
through Monday the 17th. After that we'll be getting ready to release
1.4-Final for the end of the week.

http://www.pcbsd.com