[PC-BSD Testing] 11th September ISO
renatoflorido at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 17:32:23 PDT 2007
Here are my findings on the 11th September ISO:
Note that I am installing using Portuguese (pt) language and keyboard
settings and time zone
* During the boot of the installer CD, the system hangs if my wifes
Ipod Nano is connected. The solution appears to be disconnecting the device.
The boot process resumes when I do that. Its rather annoying though
* When I reach the graphical mode, the screen is slightly offset up and
to the left. The graphical installer window is also up and to the left. I am
using a NVIDIA 8800GTS card here for the record.
* On the first graphical installer section (Language and time zone
section) the Useful tips box appears in English despite being translated
correctly to Portuguese (pt) on Pootle.
* On the Installation phase box, the text Install or update appears
cut off in Portuguese (pt). Maybe we could use two lines for that section?
* On the user accounts section of the graphical installer, the filed
username is cut off in Portuguese (pt).
* On the Advanced Disk Configuration section the Useful tips box
appears in English despite being translated correctly to Portuguese (pt) on
* Again, when I reach the graphical mode, the screen is slightly offset
up and to the left. The resolution settings window is also up and to the
* As the xorg.conf file is being generated, the mouse cursor still
appears on the screen.
* In the main menu, some menu entries are not translated to Portuguese
(pt) as they should:
/Configuration/Desktop/Video card and
/Configuration/Appearance and themes/GTK
styles and fonts
/Configuration/Software and updates/Add
updates/Online update Manager
/Configuration/Software and updates/PBI
* The System Manager appears to have only some of the translation
stings loaded. Some areas are still left in English.
* How can one disable Compiz Fusion after having selected it to auto
start? I cant see how
* In the System Manager, in the Misc section, the Show splash
screen image on boot is defaulted to English when it should be defaulted to
* The Win keys on the keyboard are not working. I selected the
Portuguese (pt) keyboard layout on the installer and I am using a standard,
Portuguese layout 105 key keyboard
* Using Konqueror, when I try to download a PBI the browser opens the
file automatically instead of asking where to save the file.
* While trying to stop hald in the services manager, it fails to do
so. I can stop the auto start. Is this right?
Hope this gets fixed before release. Maybe a RC2 version should be made
I still see some things needing fixes. Better a bit late
than sorry. (That would be called Learning from nearly all of our previous
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Testing