[PC-BSD Testing] Wed iso

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Sep 12 17:12:34 PDT 2007

Bill Leeper wrote:
> Couple of quick comments here. The installation routine is still the
> best I have used. Kudos on that. A petty gripe here about KGpg. I
> have never been able to figure out why it is listed under Utilities -
> PIM as this just does not seem to be a logical place to put it. Maybe
> it is just me, though. Maybe bump it up one menu into Utilities.
> Also, I have found the change to Compiz to be a bit confusing. More
> than likely this is due to me getting used to Beryl already.
>
> And I would like to thank all the people for the hard work that has
> gone into it. I think you are doing a great job and it is nice to see
> the quick responses people get when they find a problem. Thanks again.
>
> Bill

I'm not sure why KGpg is listed in there also, thats where it defaults
to in KDE right now. I'm hesitant to change locations of defaults unless
there is a very compelling reason.

Also, Compiz does take some getting used to, I'm learning more about it
myself, but it does seem to run nicely here, which is cool. Also has a
lot more plugins available. Since Beryl is defunct, I figure it'll be
good to drop it and then we can track updates to Compiz - Fusion in 1.4.x.

Anyway, keep watching the site, were getting really close to release
now, just finishing up final bugfixes :)

http://www.pcbsd.com