[PC-BSD Testing] Friday 8th build

Terry Poulin bigboss64 at ippimail.com
Sat Sep 8 14:27:48 PDT 2007

Kris Moore wrote:
> Charles A. Landemaine wrote:
>> On Sat, September 8, 2007 11:23 am, Tim McCormick wrote:
>>> has been included on CD2, but it hasn't yet been officially
>>> approved,
>>> so it isn't on pbidir.
>>> Since !=, it registers an update available :)
>> Thanks Tim. I see, but isn't it a PBI Updater bug then? Like change
>> != to > ?
>> Then it sees isn't greater than and it says there's no
>> update.
>> Just my 2 pence :)
> It actually just returns what the "current" version on PBIDir is
> supposed to be, so if !=, then it assumes it needs to
> update to
> I'm not sure how we'd want to fix this, what about when the version
> number is something like 1.0.0rc1.b1004 or something? :)
> --

How is it done???

You can't really compare floating point numbers 100% reliably any way and I
don't know of any suitable method if doing <= and >= for strings in any common

Personally, I'd say just make it a simple version number, e.g. 2005 instead of since it's much easier to compare agasn't any other version. That way
you can stuff the version into a variable and treat it as an integer for

My 2 cents.

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com