[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 1.4 RC1 won't boot

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Sep 4 09:51:16 PDT 2007

Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
> hey guys
>
> I just put together a New Computer, to find out that it does not boot PC-BSD RC1
>
> the last thing I see on the screen is  a bunch of
>
> vidcontrol not found messages
>
> I did Try booting FreeBSD 6.2 Stable snapshots from ftp.freebsd.org
> only to find out that FreeBSD 6.2 (August Stable snapshot does not see
> any CD rom Drives.
>
> so I can assume that I Have a CD Drive that is not supported in some way.

Mark,

This is something we won't have the ability to fix directly here, since
it sounds like you got a newer driver that hasn't been ported back to
6.2-Stable yet.

However if you go ahead and post this info to the freebsd-stable list,
its possible that one of the FBSD devs can back-port the proper driver
so we can include it also :)

http://www.pcbsd.com