Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Thu Nov 15 12:49:25 PST 2007

Brian,

I have an Audigy 2 ZS platinum pro here, and had exactly the same type
of issues. I could get it working partially, but certian apps and things
wouldn't work right. I ended up yanking the card and using the onboard
sound for the moment.

You may want to post your results to the Open Sound guys:

http://www.4front-tech.com/forum/index.php

They actually ship their own drivers with OSS, and if you let them know
whats going on, maybe they can get a fix implemented :)

http://www.pcbsd.com