brian brian.smith at summerside.ca
Wed Nov 14 15:22:35 PST 2007

 I've installed the lateest snapshots of PC-BSD and DBSD , installed OSS
and EMU10Kxx from ports and reinstalled libxine via ports with identical
results . I get KDE sounds on boot , a mixer , and sound with VLC
playing movies . Amarok fails to load libxine and tells me dev/dsp is
busy . If I'm reading the release notes for EMU10Kxx correctly , it
still has trouble differentiating between SB Live and SB Audigy . Did I
mention that I hate my sound card ? :(