[PC-BSD Testing] bug#17 - still cannot untar with /usr partition

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Nov 6 11:07:44 PST 2007

Jeff,

I just did a test install here with the Nov 4 snapshot. Here's the
layout I used:

/ 1 GB
/SWAP 3GB
/var 1GB
/var/tmp 3GB
/usr 20GB

The install worked just fine, so I'm not sure it's an issue with the
partitioning. Are you sure we aren't seeing some read / write errors
from the CD to HD?

Try this, do the install, and right-click on the background to open up a
"xterm" session. Next do a "# tail /var/log/messages" are there any
errors recorded in there?

http://www.pcbsd.com