[PC-BSD Testing] bug#17 - still cannot untar with /usr partition

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Nov 6 06:10:18 PST 2007

Jeff,

I did implement this fix into SVN, but I'm wondering if you are running
into something different. This doesn't look like an extract error,
rather it appears that the partitions you created didn't get created
that way. Can you try this?

/ 1GB
/swap 6GB
/var 50GB
/usr remainder of disk; ~180GB

Does this setup work?

Also, just a tip, you don't really need to use a 6GB swap, even if you
only use 512MB, PC-BSD will add more on the fly as necessary.

http://www.pcbsd.com