[PC-BSD Testing] bug#17 - still cannot untar with /usr partition

Jeff Colter jeff.colter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 21:42:08 PST 2007

Well, I noticed that bug 17 was fixed and closed so I downloaded the latest
Nov4 ISO and tried it assuming that this fix was implemented in this
version, but the problem remains - CD extraction error after install.
ARGGHHH!

And I had just recently spent an entire week manually installing pretty much
everything PCBSD offers, under the impression that this bug wouldn't get
fixed until 1.5.

I selected the whole disk and setup the partitions this way:

/ 128MB
/swap 6GB
/var 50GB
/var/tmp 3GB
/usr remainder of disk; ~180GB

Was this bug fix actually implemented in this latest ISO?

Or is there something else going wrong?

I ended up with this partition that worked:

/ 179394MB
/SWAP 6000MB
/var 50000MB
/var/tmp 3000MB

If this is fixed in a later release will I be able to add the /usr partition
then or will I have to reinstall?

Tnx, JeffWell, I noticed that bug 17 was fixed and closed so I downloaded