[PC-BSD Testing] Problems of the snapshot version

Charles A. Landemaine charles at pcbsd.org
Thu May 3 10:46:11 PDT 2007

On Thu, 03 May 2007 12:48:07 -0300, Tim McCormick <tim at pcbsd.org> wrote:
> What isn't professional about it? I think this issue's a bit subjective.
> I personally like the colouration of the box. Try not to confuse a 'bug'
> with a 'personal preference'.

No, I think the coloration of the box is pretty neat, but what I find
unprofessional is the fact that whatever you do, you'll get this error
message. It should wait for the user to finish typing (when the password
verification box loses focus) to check if passwords match, and not while
you're typing, or else, no matter fast you can type, you get this rather
unfriendly warning.

> What do you mean by 'shared directory'? Do you mean, using Konqueror to
> open a file found on another machine's samba share?

Yes, exactly.

> Are you using DHCP per chance? That's the only place I can think of for
> this mystery server to be coming from. What's the IP?

No, I never use DHCP, only static private IPs and the DNS of my ISP.
The first DNS listed is: 68.87.69.146 (I have no idea where it comes from).

>> 19) PC-BSD doesn't shut down (ACPI issue) while Linux shuts down my
>> computer properly
> I've responded to this elsewhere, in a couple of places.

Yes, but what I don't understand is why Linux shuts down the computer
properly but not PC-BSD (both are open-source software).

--
Charles A. Landemaine.
http://www.pcbsd.org