[PC-BSD Testing] Problems of the snapshot version

Tim McCormick tim at pcbsd.org
Thu May 3 08:48:07 PDT 2007

Just responding to a couple of items, for more details...

> 6) While typing the password confirmation, you get a red alert saying the
> passwords don't match. This doesn't look professional. This bug was
> reported before 1.3 also.

What isn't professional about it? I think this issue's a bit subjective. I personally like the colouration of the box. Try not to confuse a 'bug' with a 'personal preference'.

> 12) When I double-click a PBI on a shared directory, I get a prompt that
> asks if I want to save the file or open it with runpbi.sh. First, it
> shouldn't ask if I want to save it because it's already saved. Second, it
> should name the tool that is going to be run instead of the name of its
> file (ie: PBI Launcher instead of runpbi.sh)

What do you mean by 'shared directory'? Do you mean, using Konqueror to open a file found on another machine's samba share?

> 18) I typed the two DNS servers during system installation but after
> rebooting PC-BSD, in the Network Configuration tool, the 1st DNS listed is
> unknown to me (it's a different one).

Are you using DHCP per chance? That's the only place I can think of for this mystery server to be coming from. What's the IP?

> 19) PC-BSD doesn't shut down (ACPI issue) while Linux shuts down my
> computer properly

I've responded to this elsewhere, in a couple of places.

--
Tim McCormick
PC-BSD Lead Developer