[PC-BSD Testing] User Manager Beta4

Matt Meyer flibbum at flibbum.com
Fri Mar 23 06:52:02 PST 2007

Tried a few things.I commented on a couple things that aren't really
bugs, but just things I noticed. Here are the results:

General Issues:
	Focus moves to Cancel after Apply is pressed. This should
	probably move to the OK button.
	Primary Group list switches to '_dhcp', the first option on the
	list when Apply is pressed while on the Users tab in Advanced view.
	When switching from Simple to Advanced views, it would be nice if
	the user that was highlighted in simple view was highlighted in the
	list in Advanced view.

Test Cases
All of these were performed in the order shown:

Test case: Add a user. Press Apply.
	Result: Success.

Test case: Create a group.
	Result: Success.

Test case: Add user to new group.Press Apply.
	Result: New group went away, must hit apply
	or ok after every action I'm guessing.
	Users may be confused.

Test case: Create a group. Press Apply.
	Result: Success.

Test case: Add user to new group. Press Apply.
	Result: Success.

Test case: Remove a user from a group. Press Apply.
	Result: Success.

Test case: Remove a group. Press Apply.
	Result: Success.

Test case: Add a group. Switch to Simple View without pressing Apply for some
	reason. Switch back. Press Apply.
	Result: Success.

Test case: Change a user's home directory to a non-existent directory.
Press 	Apply.
	Result: Home directory is changed although directory does not exist.
	Utility could catch this and offer to mkdir for the lazy sod.

Test case: Change a user's default shell to an option in the list.
Press Apply.
	Result: Success.

Test case: Make user an administrator using checkbox in simple view. Press
	Apply.
	Result:User is added to wheel.

Test case: rmuser from konsole while utility is running.
	Result: User is still shown in utility, although it is hard to imagine
	anyone actually doing something like this. User is of course gone after
	restarting utility.