[PC-BSD Testing] Public Testing of PC-BSD User Manager Beta3

Tim McCormick tim at pcbsd.org
Tue Mar 20 09:50:24 PST 2007

Development on the new User Manager that we're introducing with 1.4 has now
reached the point where I want to open it up for more widespread testing.

You can find it here:

http://www.pcbsd.org/~tim/PC-BSDUserManagerBeta3-PV1.pbi

Once you've installed it, you'll find the application in the following
location:

KMenu -> Settings -> System Administration -> PC-BSD User Manager

You'll also find it in the top level of your KMenu, when executed this way,
it'll open up a console so you can see the debug information the application
spits out (in case it goes wrong).

The third way of executing it is from the console, type 'kcmshell
pcbsdusermanager'. Your choice :)

This release is feature complete, suggestions are welcome as well as bugs,
although I don't guarantee to implement suggestions ;)

Bugs, issues, and suggestions for this application should be posted here, to
the testing list.

This tool can be removed in the usual way, via the PC-BSD Software Manager.

The files installed by this PBI (outside of its /Programs directory) are:
/usr/local/lib/kde3/kcm_pcbsdusermanager.la
/usr/local/lib/kde3/kcm_pcbsdusermanager.so
/usr/local/share/applications/pcbsdusermanager.desktop

Please note, changes to your system are *not* made until you hit the 'apply'
or 'ok' buttons, this is very much by design :)

--
Tim McCormick
PC-BSD Lead Developer
tim at pcbsd.org