[PC-BSD Testing] Public Beta of PC-BSD Network Manager 0.9.5

Dragon Flyer dracheflieger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 17:38:39 PST 2007

Installed fine (not found in the PBI removal tool) ...opened it and it shows
both my nics, one active and  one not and identified both correctly,
highlighted my active nic (fxp0) and clicked on the Configure button. Once
that window opens, on the General tab, the netmask (which is 255.255.255.0)
not show in the netmask box and it appears to try to be loaded as this

[000.   .   .   ]

although it identifies correctly on the Info tab. Then, once I set it
properly in the Netmask field of the General tab, and click Apply, then OK
and return to the main window, the Netmask information is missing on the
first tab (Devices).

Reopening the configure box (clicking the Configure button), the Netmask
field is loaded properly with 255.255.255.0 but the Gateway and Netmask info
on the Info tab are missing and my network is borked ;-)

ifconfig returns this:
fxp0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        options=8<VLAN_MTU>
        inet6 fe80::2a0:c9ff:fe98:96e2%fxp0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
        ether 00:a0:c9:98:96:e2
        status: active
fwe0: flags=108802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST,NEEDSGIANT> mtu 1500
        options=8<VLAN_MTU>
        ether 02:30:18:a0:24:a0
        ch 1 dma -1
nve0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet6 fe80::230:18ff:fea0:21c3%nve0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x3
        ether 00:30:18:a0:21:c3
        media: Ethernet autoselect (none)
        status: no carrier
plip0: flags=108810<POINTOPOINT,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST,NEEDSGIANT> mtu 1500
pflog0: flags=0<> mtu 33208
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
        inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
        inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x6
        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
pfsync0: flags=0<> mtu 2020

which is pretty much correct but no IP address on the fxp0 wire. Going
through Control Center I was able to restore to a working network

This is why it's called a beta ;-)