[PC-BSD Testing] Public Beta of PC-BSD Network Manager 0.9.5

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Thu Mar 15 13:21:58 PST 2007

As promised a while back, we've been hard at work on a new Network
Manager GUI for PC-BSD 1.4 and beyond. The development has now reached
the point were we can open it up to others, for testing and feedback.

The network beta is available as a PBI file from the following location:

http://www.pcbsd.org/~kris/NetworkManager0.9.5Beta-PV01.pbi

Once the PBI has been installed, you can launch the network manager from
the "KMenu -> Settings -> System Administration -> Network
Configuration" shortcut.

Please report any bugs or issues with this beta here on the testing
list. Of particular interest are PPPoE issues, and WiFi connections.

Beta Notes
Before installing this beta, users may wish to edit the /etc/rc.conf
file manually, and remove the following lines:

NIC="de em ixgb txp vx bfe bge dc fxp lge nge pcn re rl sf sis sk ste ti
tl tx vge vr wb xl cs ed ex ep fe ie lnc sn xe an awi wi nve"

for i in $NIC; do
       eval ifconfig_${i}0="DHCP"
       eval ifconfig_${i}1="DHCP"
done

This will ensure that any configuration setup with the new GUI tool, is
indeed the one taking effect at bootup.