[PC-BSD Testing] Intel i945!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Thu Jun 28 10:58:58 PDT 2007

Hey all,

Just wanted to share some good news. I've managed to get 3d accel
working properly with my laptop, which is running an i945 video card.
Beryl also runs like a champ, which is awesome! The setup required a
bunch of special config tweaks to the xorg.conf file, but aside from
that, it works on last nights ISO with no base changes. I just did a
test, and you can even run OpenGL apps while beryl is running, something
the nVidia cards don't do right now.

I'm going to be making some adjustments to the X setup scripts & binary,
to allow the user to enable / disable 3d accel. Once those go live, if
you have an intel / 3d card I would love to hear if this works on your
system as well.

http://www.pcbsd.com