[PC-BSD Testing] Testing of 12th June ISO.

Dragon Flyer dracheflieger at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 09:03:05 PDT 2007

I installed last night, same ISO. I can now get my EVGA 6800GS to work on
first boot as it assigns the vesa driver correctly. Nice setup for the video
and hopefully will allow _many_ more happy first time users.

There is a checkbox on the first graphical install screen that notifies the
user that the boot loader will be used.

The set fastest cvsup in the Tasks tab of the PC-BSD Administration _still_
doesn't finish for either selecting ALL or USA. It appears to test them all
and then, near it's finish on the progress bar, hangs and never sets the
cvsup server so source is impossible to retrieve unless you set and do it
manually. I reported this back in APRIL and at least one person has reported
it since.

I didn't test it too much more because I just installed to recover my
production machine, having stoopit!ly renamed my /lib directory. At first,
HAL gave me a restricted error for both my user and as root in konq when I
tried to mount the production slice (ads01a). I went to the Services and
turned off HAL startup and rebooted. Then, konq didn't even see that slice
so I created a mount point and modified my /etc/fstab to point to it...as
soon as I exited the edit of /etc/fstab the auto mount window popped up but
when I asked it to open in a new window, it told me I needed HAL. I then
went back into services, turned HAL on startup back on and rebooted. This
time, with a modified /etc/fstab and HAL, I could actually mount and modify
files on that slice and I renamed my /fulib directory back to /lib and
recovered my production slice.

Services still doesn't know what denyhosts is or what its setting should be,
again, something that I again reported on the first publicly available ISO
back in April.

All-in-all though it looks good ;-)

It was the fastest install to date, however I never chose anything else but
a simple install.