[PC-BSD Testing] May31 build

Tim McCormick tim at pcbsd.org
Wed Jun 6 01:16:33 PDT 2007

>  Bear with me here , I've been using SamLinux for the last few days and
> I tend to just copy and paste into a command line.When the GUI method
> failed I used the "Installing/Updating the sources" section of the
> DesktopBSD wiki page at
> http://desktopbsd.net/wiki/doku.php?id=doc:custom_kernel . I had more
> luck changing cvsup to csup . I believe the error I got told me that
> default host=CHANGE_THIS was not found . I also tried running sysinstall
> and adding src from there with no luck .

You'd probably have found the PC-BSD knowledge base more useful ;)

http://faqs.pcbsd.org/3_4_en.html?highlight=source

However, both guides mention that you need to change the default host
before you can proceed. You didn't do this, which is why it couldn't find
the server. The default value intentionally points to a non-existent DNS
entry, to encourage the use of cvsup mirrors. You can find a list of
mirrors here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html#CVSUP-MIRRORS

I'll have the FAQ updated with this information.

--
Tim McCormick
PC-BSD Lead Developer