[PC-BSD Testing] May31 build

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Jun 4 20:19:26 PDT 2007

brian wrote:
>  I'm probably missing something here , but is there any chance of having
> a dvd version of PC-BSD with system source included ? It's much easier
> to do a simple upgrade than downloading the whole enchilada .
>
> !DSPAM:1,4664d5da70529427914540!

Possibly, but not promises yet :)

We want the system to fit on 1 CD for a default install, and we need to
get that working before adding other editions. However, once that is
closer to being finished, I may be able to setup the server to roll a
more complete DVD release with system-source, and the optional
components, all on one DVD.

Also, just an FYI. After 1.4 is released, I will also be exploring
adding a livecd build as well. I'm hoping to set it up, so it prompts
for a USB memory stick of some sort during the boot, and then lets you
run the system from CD and install PBI files / save data on the USB
memory stick.

http://www.pcbsd.com