[PC-BSD Testing] 1.4 Snapshot 02-06-2007

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Jun 4 13:42:23 PDT 2007

Renato Flórido wrote:
> I have installed the 02 Jun Snapshot but cannot boot into PC-BSD as the
> screen setting system can’t find the correct settings for my card/display.
>

> I have a GF8800 GTS card (which for the first time is able to reach the
> installer) here.

Woah, thats a brand new card you got there :) Did you get to the xorg
screen setup tool? You can try the nvidia driver included, but it may
not support the 8800 yet :( If so, leave it on vesa, then you can remove
the nvidia-driver port, and add a newer driver from www.nvidia.com to
test out your 3d support.

> Also, I cannot use accents and other Portuguese Language requirements
> when trying to write my name.
>
> I cannot write things such as á à â ã etc…

I'm working on that issue, the installer didn't include the tool to
change keyboard layouts. Looks like its apart of a different port now,
so I've added it back in. It'll probably be in this Wednesdays ISO for
testing.

http://www.pcbsd.com