[PC-BSD Testing] 1.4 Beta freezes on Xorg configuration in install

Johann Kois jkois at freebsd.org
Sun Jul 22 02:21:44 PDT 2007

On Sunday 22 July 2007 11:06, Matt Olander wrote:
> On Sunday 22 July 2007 1:54:36 am Daniel Sammut wrote:
> > 1. The latest NVidia driver builds and works if I use ports.
> > 2. Beryl does not work for me, probably need some extra steps to get it
> > working. 3. CVSup is not installed, which I presume prevents 'Fetch
> > System Source' from working.
>
> Yes, it seems cvsup isn't on the BETA.

That's right.  I  think this is because cvsup is not part of the base
system of FreeBSD (it needs Modula3 as a dependency) and so it has been
replaced with csup some time ago (csup is written in C I think and is
included in the base system since FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE).

See http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
for further information for using cvsup/csup.

Perhaps PC-BSD should use csup for fetching the source code in the future
so we do not need the additional package for cvsup?

jkois